- This event has passed.
OSHA-30 Construction (Weekdays: 4/13 – 4/17)
April 13 @ 5:30 pm - April 17 @ 12:00 am$300
Discount Price: $300
Course Date(s): April 13, 2020 – April 17, 2020
Number of Days: 5
Time: 03:00PM – 09:30PM
COVID-19 – OSHA TRAINING UPDATE
While our doors remain close, our dedication towards keeping you safe and in compliance continues.
We now offer OSHA courses via “Alternative Video Conferencing Training Method” which is equivalent to in-person training and is accepted by NYC DOB.
To learn more and to register for classes,
Contact us at: (347) 380-9995
OSHA 30 Hour Construction Training
Why do you need OSHA 30 training? In accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health act of 1970, employers have become responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for their employees.
This training program is a comprehensive review of OSHA procedures, policies, and standards. This course will give students a strong understanding of construction safety and health principles as well as place an emphasis on the most hazardous areas using OSHA standards and regulations as a guideline. (Free study guides and handbook will be given)
Although OSHA 30 hour training was originally more appropriate for supervisors, the induction of local law 196 has made this class a popular selection for most construction workers. Students will learn to locate and identify OSHA standards in 29 CFR, identify causes of accidents and fatalities in hazardous areas within the worksite while providing abatement technique suggestions for these hazards, and learn to understand most construction processes, materials, and equipment.
OSHA Training NYC DOB Requirement (Local law 196)
Local law 196 introduced new regulations for demolition and construction workers employed in the 5 boroughs that will require them to have a specific amount of training. Workers will be required to have a minimum of 30 hours of training and supervisors will be required to have a minimum of 62 hours of training by December 1st, 2019. In addition to the required amount of training, individuals will also need to acquire the appropriate Site Safety Training (SST) card to prove they have completed the necessary training.
As of September 1st, 2020 Workers will need a total of 40 hours of training which must include the 8-Hour fall Prevention course and the 2-Hour drug and Alcohol Awareness course.
- 100% attendance for the OSHA 30 Certification
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Recognize worker rights and an employer’s responsibility to the employee under OSHA
- Identify how to select the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and life-saving equipment
- Discuss risks they may be associated with improper use of scaffolding equipment
- Define different control methods for controlling the four main health hazards that construction workers may be exposed to
- Explain the principles for at least three protective systems that are used while working in and around excavations
- Explain the differences between the 5 classes of fires and discuss the solutions for extinguishing them
OSHA 30 Card – Upon successful course completion students who attend the 30-hour training receive this orange/dark gold color wallet card.